Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ARCHETYPOLOGY ::: SARAJEVO, CRES, BERLIN, BOSTON, JOLIETTE 2011

"NOTRE RENCONTRE"

ACRYLIC ON CANVAS 2010
He had written " don't get too close, I'll loose my composure" and I wrote back, "that, you will".
HA !
I acted so sure of myself but I had no idea what was coming up for me....do we ever?

.... we kissed...a kiss loaded with tenderness, longing, hunger, thirst...a kiss loaded with promises...words loaded with all kisses meant for each other...one step at a time our lips would seal...from across the world we are meeting halfway...we met..finally we have met...



"NOTRE TANGO"

ACRYLIC ON CANVAS
2010

Each morning, as i opened my eyes, he was there holding up his hand for our daily dance...my middle of the night sleeplessness coincided with his good morning....my good morning was his afternoon siesta....one step at a time we dance our way through the songs of our lives...one step front, one step back, one step to the left then to the right...

it felt so right........we fitted so right together...we were in sync...we were dancing a perfect tango...there was no way the painter could do the final scene of the trilogy

but, never take Life for granted.......


"NOTRE RUPTURE"

ACRYLIC ON CANVAS
2010
One day, maybe 3 weeks ago, the music abruptly ended....a big scratch of the needle on the surface of the old vinyl record....screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech......

The echo of the music is still ringing in my ears, i've lost a shoe, my dress is torn and i've been left standing in the middle of the dance floor singing "why"...... I've been singing it for 3 weeks now and i'm still in the middle of the dance floor, somewhat, lost.

One step at a time, I must look for the Exit door

-inspired by a beautiful and creative histoire d'amour that just ended without an end-


MES CONTRIBUTIONS À UNE EXPOSITION DE GROUPE QUI VOYAGERA SUR LES CONTINENTS EUROPÉEN ET NORD-AMÉRICAIN EN 2011.Artists:

Krešimira Gojanović, Croatia
Chantal Laurin, Canada
Willie Marlowe, USA
Ivana Režek, Croatia
Nataša Stanišić, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vesna Šantak, Croatia


Concept: Ivana Režek

No comments: